Golden Valley Fire Department Relief Association > About > History
For more than 75 years, the Golden Valley Fire Department has maintained a proud tradition of community service. It was organized in the waning days of World War II, when the population was starting to boom and the city was starting to spread out. The year was 1943, and a 39-member volunteer fire department was authorized.
The Golden Valley Fire Relief Association was established soon after to provide support to the firefighters and their families in many ways including managing the firefighter’s pension and representing firefighters with the community and the city.
Today, the Golden Valley Fire Relief Association has a seven-person board of directors who facilitates the fire department pension fund, orchestrates several events throughout the year, and works with city staff on behalf of its members.